I threw this salad together last week and have been making it almost daily since. It’s packed full of vitamins, minerals, enzymes and other good-for-you nutrients, as well as protein and that perfect balance of good fats and good carbs. Make an extra large batch and store it in the refrigerator for snacking and lunch the next day.
Delicious Raw Fall Salad
Prep Time: Less than 10 minutes
Total Time: Less than 10 minutes
- 2 handfuls mixed baby greens, chopped
- 1 handful baby spinach, chopped
- ⅓ cup baby heirloom, cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half if necessary
- 3 tbsp green peas (quickly blanch if frozen)
- 3 tbsp julienned raw beet
- 3 tbsp julienned raw carrot
- 2 tbsp red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp julienned red onion
- ½ avocado, chopped
- 2 tbsp raw shelled pistachios
- 2 tbsp raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds (aka pepitas)
- 2 tbsp raw hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seed oil
- 1 ¼ tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 heavy pinch sea salt
Combine all salad ingredients, drizzle with oil and vinegar and sprinkle with salt. Toss to coat.
Tip: You can buy a small handheld julienne slicer at any kitchen store to make quick work of julienning your carrot, beet, and tons of other veggies. Or, grab one on Amazon.com here.