This healthy hot chocolate recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free.
- 20 ounces unsweetened almond milk (or unsweetened soy milk, any other unsweetened nut milk or unsweetened coconut milk)
- 2 ½ tablespoons organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or maple syrup (plus more to taste if needed)
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Warm the almond milk on the stove over medium heat until hot but not boiling, about 5 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk to combine (1-2 minutes).
- Heat another 1-2 minutes and serve immediately.
As written this recipe makes about two servings, but it’s easily doubled or tripled.