Healthy hot chocolate is here, and I think it’s even better than the regular stuff.
Enjoying a big mug of hot chocolate is one of the best things about cold weather. While it’s delicious, regular hot chocolate is typically filled with dairy, processed white sugar, and potentially other preservatives and additives.
Here’s a my spin to turn regular unhealthy hot chocolate into a healthier treat!
Healthy Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 20 ounces unsweetened almond milk (or unsweetened soy milk, any other unsweetened nut milk or unsweetened coconut milk)
- 2 ½ tablespoons organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or maple syrup (plus more to taste if needed)
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Warm the almond milk on the stove over medium heat until hot but not boiling, about 5 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk to combine (1-2 minutes).
- Heat another 1-2 minutes and serve immediately.