This delicious no-cook chia & hemp seed overnight oats recipe will become a staple in your healthy kitchen. I'm obsessed!
Preparing overnight oats with hemp seeds or chia seeds is as simple as pouring milk over a few ingredients. I like to use unsweetened almond milk or oat milk, but even water will work. You can also use dairy milk if you tolerate it well.
Healthy eating doesn't get any easier than hemp seed overnight oats!
Chia & Hemp Seed Overnight Oats Ingredients
Whole Rolled Oats
This hemp seed overnight oats recipe makes a fantastic healthy breakfast or snack. Whole rolled oats are high in fiber and nutrients, low-glycemic, and budget-friendly. Look for organic oats as they are really inexpensive and not sprayed with pesticides.
*Oats are gluten-free by nature but often stored near other gluten-containing grains. If you're highly allergic or sensitive, look for oats specifically labeled gluten-free.
Hemp Seeds (and/or Chia Seeds)
Chia and hemp seeds add great texture and even more fiber & nutrients.
Make sure you store your hemp seeds and chia seeds in the refrigerator after bringing them home from the store to keep them fresh.
Nut Milk (or other milk)
Overnight oats need to be soaked in liquid for at least 6 hours to become soft. You can use any non-dairy milk or regular milk here, and even plain old water will work in a pinch.
Simply mix the ingredients and let them soak in the refrigerator overnight. Top with your favorite fruit and you have a delicious whole-food treat.
If you like this recipe, you can find more overnight oats recipes right here.Print
Chia & Hemp Seed Overnight Oats Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: About 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Mix, Soak
- Cuisine: American
Adding chia seeds and hemp seeds to your overnight oats is a great way to add extra protein, fiber, and omega-3's. We love this recipe with additional mix-ins like hemp seeds or flax seeds. Use what you have on hand to customize it to your preferences.
- ½ cup whole rolled oats, preferably organic
- 2 teaspoons hemp seeds (aka hemp hearts)
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds, or flax seeds, or more hemp seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk, or non-dairy milk of your choice
- optional: 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- about ⅓ cup fruit for the top
- optional: a drizzle of raw honey for flavor, nutrients, and natural sweetness
- Mix the oats, chia seeds, and other seeds if using in a small bowl or jar; I used 8-ounce containers in the photo here. Top with unsweetened coconut flakes if using. Pour nut milk over the oat mixture; it should be saturated to the point the milk pools on top a little.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to three days.
- Top with fruit and/or a small drizzle or raw honey before eating. Pictured here: kiwi fruit with strawberries, and sliced kumquats with blueberries.
Keywords: hemp seed overnight oats, overnight oats recipe
Can you give me the macros for this recipe?
you wrote diary-free... !
I can't believe it took me this long to learn about Overnight Oats! To be honest, I was a little skeptical because I really love hot cereal in the morning, but I made them last night for breakfast today and OM M G! I'm totally addicted. My boyfriend lOves them too! So yummy! I find myself thinking about them thru the day. 😀
Hi Leah! So glad to hear it. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!