This delicious no-cook chia & hemp seed overnight oats recipe will become a staple in your healthy kitchen. I’m obsessed!
Preparing overnight oats is as simple as pouring nut milk over a few ingredients. Healthy eating doesn’t get any easier than this.
This recipe makes a fantastic healthy breakfast or snack. Whole rolled oats are high in fiber and nutrients, low-glycemic, and budget-friendly. Look for organic oats as they are really inexpensive and not sprayed with pesticides. Chia and hemp seeds add great texture and even more fiber & nutrients.
This recipe is:
healthy, gluten-free*, dairy-free,
soy-free, nut-free, vegan, simple to prepare,
very low in sugar, diabetic-friendly,
high fiber, and delicious
Simply mix the ingredients and let it soak in the refrigerator overnight. Top with your favorite fruit and you have a delicious whole-food treat.
*Oats are gluten-free by nature but often stored near other gluten-containing grains. If you’re highly allergic or sensitive, look for oats specifically labeled gluten-free.Print
- 1/2 cup whole rolled oats, preferably organic
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds 2 teaspoons hemp seeds (aka hemp hearts)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, or non-dairy milk of your choice
- optional: 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- about 1/3 cup fruit for the top
- optional: a drizzle of raw honey for flavor, nutrients, and natural sweetness
- Mix the oats, chia seeds, hemp seeds in a small bowl or jar; I used eight ounce containers in the photo here. Top with unsweetened coconut flakes if using. Pour nut milk over the oat mixture; it should be saturated to the point the milk pools on top a little. Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to three days. Top with fruit and/or a small drizzle or raw honey before eating. Pictured here: kiwi fruit with strawberries, and sliced kumquats with blueberries.