This easy-to-make sesame cucumber salad is the perfect side dish for any meal! Packed with fresh ingredients and Asian flavors, this salad is both healthy and delicious. Plus, it’s ready in no time!
And if you want to switch it up, you can add some avocado to make this salad extra creamy.
- Cucumber: For this sesame cucumber salad recipe, you'll need 1 large or 2 small English seedless cucumbers, cut into 1-inch pieces. Cut your cucumber in half length-wise, then 1-inch pieces on a diagonal.
- Sesame Oil: You'll also need 1.5 tablespoons of toasted sesame oil.
- Tamari: Add 2 tablespoons of tamari or low-sodium soy sauce.
- Garlic: Mince, press, or grate 1 clove of garlic.
- Chili Flakes: Add ½ teaspoon of dried chili flakes. You can add more or less depending on your preference.
- Sesame Seeds: Once you're sesame cucumber salad is ready, add 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds to finish it off.
- Cilantro: You'll also need some fresh cilantro for garnish.
- You can also do another variation of this salad that includes avocado. In this case, you'll need 1 avocado cut into cubes.
Check out the printable recipe card below for the recipe and detailed instructions.
How To Make A Sesame Cucumber Salad
- Gently smash the cucumber pieces with the side of a knife (this gives them more texture and the ability to soak up the dressing).
- Whisk all dressing ingredients except the sesame seeds in the bottom of a medium bowl.
- Add the cucumbers and toss them together. You can add more soy sauce if needed
- Top with the sesame seeds and enjoy!
If you want to create the avocado version, just add your cubed avocado and toss it in at the end.
This sesame cucumber salad comes together in just a few minutes. The longest step is smashing the cucumbers, which barely takes any time.
You can store this sesame cucumber salad for up to 24 hours in an airtight container in the fridge.
This recipe serves around 2 people depending on your preferred portion size.Print
Sesame Cucumber Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
Leave a Reply