Start your day with these nutritious and healthy peanut butter overnight oats!
Having breakfast in the morning helps get your system going for the day, but let’s be honest, mornings can be hectic. If you typically don’t have time to whip up something fancy every morning, then make some easy overnight oats for an awesome morning treat.
If you want to mix up your breakfast routine, consider making peanut butter overnight oats with yogurt.
This recipe is easy to make, full of flavor, and packed with nutrition. It can also be made vegan and dairy-free if you use coconut yogurt.
- Greek Yogurt: in this recipe, you’ll need ¼ cup of greek yogurt, this will make your oats super creamy and filling.
- Oats: you’ll need 1 cup of whole rolled oats, don’t use quick oats because they’ll soften too fast and get very soggy. And steel cut oats won’t fasten enough so they won’t absorb the flavor well and will be very chewy.
- Peanut Butter: Peanut butter is a delicious source of protein. For this recipe, I would go for creamy peanut butter, just because it’ll be smoother and mix better with the yogurt. You could also replace it with any type of nut butter.
- Almond Milk: I use ¾ cup almond milk but you can use any kind of milk you want.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are a great source of fiber, protein, and omega-3.
- Maple Syrup: Maple syrup is the perfect sweetener. It’ll add hints of caramel and toffee flavors to your oats. You could also replace it with honey.
- Granola: If you want to add some texture and crunch to your oats, granola is the perfect topping.
- Banana: You can cut the bananas into slices or caramelize them in a pan and them on top of your oats.
- Apple: A few slices of apples would also be a great choice of topping.
- Nut Butter: You already have your nut butter mixed into your oats but you can always add a spoonful on top to enhance the flavor.
Check out the printable recipe card below for the recipe and detailed instructions.
Saving on Ingredients
I buy all of my dried goods and pantry ingredients on Thrive Market, because they always have the highest quality foods at the best prices. Here’s my partner code for 40% off your first order if you’re interested.
How to Make Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- In a medium bowl, add your Greek yogurt and peanut butter and combine them with a whisk.
- Stir in the milk and whisk again until the mixture is combined and smooth.
- Add the chia seeds, maple syrup, and oats, then mix them well until the oats are well coated.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap, or put your oat mixture in a jar with a lid, and place it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Add your toppings, and enjoy!
4 to 24 hours.
While there’s technically no cooking, overnight oats do need to sit in the refrigerator to soak in the liquid. You only need 5 minutes to prepare your peanut butter overnight oats, then you’ll need to refrigerate them for 4 to 24 hours.
You can keep your yogurt and peanut butter overnight oats in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This recipe yields 2 portions of delicious and healthy peanut butter oats.
Check out more awesome Overnight Oats Recipes here if you want more healthy breakfast inspiration!Print
Peanut Butter Overnight Oats with Yogurt
- Prep Time: 5 minutes + 2-24 hour refrigeration time
- Total Time: 2-24 hours
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup almond milk, or milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 cup whole rolled oats
- Optional Toppings: Granola, sliced banana or sliced apple, peanut butter (or almond butter, or sun butter)
- In a medium bowl, add Greek yogurt and peanut butter and combine with a whisk.
- Stir in milk and whisk again until combined.
- Add chia seeds, maple syrup and oats. Mix well until all the oats are coated.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap or put in a jar with a lid, and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Add toppings, if desired, and enjoy!
Read the Comments +