This healthy hot chocolate recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free. It also happens to be one of the most popular healthy hot chocolate recipes on Google Search. If you make it and love it, please leave a star rating in the comments below to help other readers in our community. (Thank you!)
- 2 1/2 cups (20 ounces) unsweetened almond milk (OR unsweetened soy milk, oat milk, any other unsweetened nut milk or unsweetened coconut milk)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons organic unsweetened cocoa powder (OR raw cacao powder)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or maple syrup (plus more to taste if needed)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Warm the almond milk on the stove over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Simmer about 5 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk to combine (1-2 minutes).
- Heat another 1-2 minutes and serve immediately.
- Optional: add a small dash of cinnamon on top and serve.
As written this recipe makes about two servings, but it’s easily doubled or tripled.
Keywords: Healthy Hot Chocolate Recipe, Healthy Hot Chocolate, Hot Chocolate Recipe