If you’re bored of plain old almonds and want to mix it up then you’re going to love this recipe for cardamom-spiced vanilla almonds.
A few simple healthy ingredients turn plain almonds into a delicious guilt-free snack.
This recipe is:
Healthy, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free,
grain-free, vegan, simple to prepare, low in sugar,
low-glycemic, high in fiber, delicious
The healthy fats and anti-inflammatory compounds in the almonds and coconut oil will give you energy and help keep you full, while the anti-inflammatory cardamom and blood sugar balancing cinnamon also give you a health boost.
Simply mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl, fold in the almonds, then bake at 325F for 15 minutes until golden. You can read and print the recipe below.
These little treats are great any time of year, and the warming spices make them the perfect holiday season snack. Wrap them up in a half-pint mason jar with a pretty ribbon for a hostess gift, or bring to a party for a healthy holiday appetizer.Print
- 2 cups plain, raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey (substitute real maple syrup for true vegan, or if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Whisk all ingredients except the almonds in the bottom of a large mixing bowl. Add the almonds and stir to coat.
- Spread the coated almonds on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 15 minutes until lightly toasted and caramelized.
- Let them cool for 15 minutes, then break them apart if needed. Store in an airtight container up to two weeks.
Did you make this recipe? If so, let us know how it turned out in the comments below.