Are you ready to become mentally stronger?
In this episode, I chat with Amy Morin, an international bestselling author and thought leadership star. Amy’s book, 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do, has sold over 1 million copies worldwide and been translated into more than 40 languages. Her TEDx talk, The Secret of Becoming Mentally Strong, has over 22 million views.
Amy and I discuss what it means to be mentally strong, and share some actionable tips and tools you can use to enhance your own mental strength. We also talk about the common mistakes people make that can hinder their mental toughness, and how you can avoid these mistakes.
Click play below, or look for Episode 15: How Building Mental Toughness Can Help You Overcome Anxiety, Create Happiness & Achieve Success with Amy Morin of The Elizabeth Rider Show
If you’re looking to shift your anxiety into empowerment and transform your mindset to be stronger and more resilient, then this episode is for you! Join us as we delve into the topic of mental toughness.
- How Amy became a therapist, an author, and a speaker about mental strength [01:30]
- What mental strength means to Amy; the three parts of mental strength [03:48]
- Steps you can take to effectively overcome anxiety [07:45]
- The relationship between physical wellness and mental strength [13:45]
- “13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do” and the mistakes that undermine your mental toughness [14:40]
- What you can do to become mentally stronger [18:17]
- The implication of having your power stolen from you [19:26]
- The importance of speaking up and setting boundaries within your family dynamics [20:00] and with others [21:40]
- Amy’s personal perspective on wellness [23:01]
- The role emotions play in therapy [23:17]
- Uncover the worst and best advice Amy has received [27:04]
- Instagram @AmyMorinAuthor
- TikTok – @AmyMorinTherapist
- Facebook – @AmyMorinAuthor
- Twitter – @AmyMorinLCSW
- Listen to Amy Morin’s podcast – Mentally Stronger With Therapist Amy Morin