If you’re bored with healthy snacks try these easy, addictive, on-the-go energy bites. I’ve heard people call them a party-in-your-mouth, and I agree.
This is one of the most popular recipes on my TV show, and I’m thrilled to share the full-length episode with you today! Be sure to print the recipe below—you’re going to want to save this one.
This recipe is:
healthy, no-cook, anti-inflammatory,
gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free,
vegan, simple to prepare, refined sugar free,
high in fiber, raw and delicious
Using fiber-rich and mineral-rich dates as a base, this chocolatey snack satisfies your sweet tooth and provides extra energy for your busy lifestyle.
- ¼ cup raw hazelnuts
- 15 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons cacao (raw chocolate) powder or substitute unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond butter
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- In the food processor, grind the hazelnuts into medium-fine crumbles. Overall, it should be an even grind.
- Remove the blade from the food processor and transfer the ground hazelnuts to a plate.
- Put the blade back in your food processor and add dates, raw cacao, almond butter, chia seeds, coconut oil, vanilla extract and sea salt.
- Run the food processor for a minute, then stop and scrape down the sides which may be repeated once or twice. Once the mixture forms a ball, it should be done.
- Transfer the mixture to your cutting board. Scoop into the mixture, roll into a ball with the palms of your hands, then coat the balls in the ground hazelnuts until evenly coated.
- Place all the energy bites on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper, and refrigerate for 30 minutes -1 hour.
- Store in a glass container in the refrigerator for up to one week.