Looking for a delicious and immune-boosting mocktail that allows you to enjoy the benefits of your homemade elderberry syrup?
This Ginger Elderberry Mocktail is my current favorite mocktail. It’s the perfect way to use your elderberry syrup and indulge in a refreshing, alcohol-free drink.
Whether you prefer non-alcoholic beverages or simply want a break from alcohol, this mocktail is a winner.Print
Indulge in a refreshing Ginger Elderberry Mocktail, a delightful blend of elderberry syrup and ginger beer. Enjoy this alcohol-free treat!
- 1 tablespoon elderberry syrup
- Ginger beer (I like the brand Betty Buzz, but any brand works; ginger beer does not contain alcohol)
- Ginger beer is an alcohol-free carbonated beverage with a distinct ginger flavor.
- Substitutions: Sprite, 7UP, or club soda as an alternative to ginger beer
- Grab a short cocktail glass and fill it with ice.
- Add 1 tablespoon of elderberry syrup to the glass (more or less to taste, you choose!)
- Top off the glass with ginger beer, leaving some space at the top. Stir gently to mix all the ingredients together. (Garnish with a piece of fruit, if desired I recommend a blackberry or cherry floating on top.)
- Serve and enjoy!
Enjoy this delightful mocktail as a refreshing treat any time of the day! The combination of elderberry syrup and ginger beer provides a unique blend of flavors that will tantalize your taste buds.
What is Ginger Beer?
Ginger beer is a carbonated beverage with a distinct ginger flavor. Despite its name, ginger beer does not contain any actual alcohol. It is commonly used as a mixer in cocktails or enjoyed on its own as a refreshing non-alcoholic beverage.
Traditionally, ginger beer was brewed through the fermentation of ginger, sugar, and water. This process created a naturally effervescent and slightly alcoholic drink. However, modern commercial ginger beers are typically produced through a non-alcoholic brewing process.
The flavor profile of ginger beer is characterized by its strong and spicy ginger taste, which adds a delightful kick to beverages. It pairs exceptionally well with elderberry syrup in our Ginger Elderberry Mocktail recipe, creating a harmonious blend of flavors.
When selecting ginger beer for your mocktail, I recommend trying the brand Betty Buzz for its exceptional taste and quality. However, you can use any brand of ginger beer available to you. If you prefer a milder taste or don’t have access to ginger beer, feel free to substitute it with Sprite, 7UP, or club soda.
Now that you know more about ginger beer, it’s time to mix up this delicious Ginger Elderberry Mocktail and enjoy the invigorating combination of flavors!