This cauliflower fried rice recipe tastes just like restaurant-style fried rice, but it’s made with way healthier ingredients. Be sure to also check out my Healthy Fried Rice Recipe made with brown rice on the blog. If you make this cauliflower rice recipe and love it, please leave a star rating in the comments below to help other readers in our community.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil OR extra virgin olive oil (or other healthy cooking oil), divided
- 2 large eggs
- 5 scallions (aka green onions), root and 2 inches of green tops removed, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 large carrot, shredded or julienned (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (that’s about a 1-inch knob of ginger, grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated garlic (that’s about 1 clove of garlic, grated)
- 3 tablespoons organic tamari OR coconut aminos (or low-sodium soy sauce, see notes)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 cups cooked cauliflower rice (preferably fresh, but frozen works)
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium heat in a high-sided skillet.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until well combined and season to taste with a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Add the eggs to the pan and scramble. Once cooked remove the scrambled eggs from the pan to a plate and reserve.
- Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil to the pan over medium heat; add the scallions and carrot and sauté 3 to 4 minutes until softened.
- Add the frozen peas, ginger, and garlic to the pan. Sauté 1 to 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the tamari, apple cider vinegar, and toasted sesame oil. Stir well to combine once, then add the cauliflower rice. Saute the rice in the liquid about 7-10 minutes until the rice has absorbed all the liquid.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the reserved scrambled eggs.
- Serve hot or warm. This dish is best fresh, but if you want to save it, let it come to room temperature and store in an air-tight glass container up to 3 days. Reheat in a skillet on the stove until warm.
Healthier Soy Sauce Alternatives
- Tamari: Tamari is gluten-free soy sauce that tastes just like regular soy sauce. You can find it in the ethnic food aisle of most grocery stores or at an Asian market.
- Coconut Aminos: You can also substitute coconut aminos for a completely soy-free version. Coconut aminos can be found in a bottle that looks like soy sauce at your local healthy grocery store. It’s a savory seasoning sauce made from the fermented sap of coconut palm and salt, and it tastes really similar to soy sauce.
- Low-Sodium Soy Sauce: I prefer tamari because soy sauce is heavily processed and contains excessive amounts of sodium, but in a pinch, if all you have is low-sodium soy sauce it works.
Keywords: Cauliflower Fried Rice, Cauliflower Rice Recipe, Healthy Fried Rice Recipe