What Is The 80/20 Diet Lifestyle?

Hi! I'm

ELIZABETH

I'm a Certified Health Coach, longtime blogger, and host of Elizabeth Eats on YouTube. In addition to writing recipes (I love to eat!), I'm a strong believer that life is too short to settle for anything less than living your best life.

TOP LINKS

Breakfast IDEAS

Dinner IDEAS

ALL RECIPES

Newsletter

The goal of the 80:20 diet lifestyle

The 80/20 diet lifestyle, also known as the “Pareto principle” or “balanced lifestyle,” is a dietary approach that promotes a balanced approach to eating.

The principle behind this lifestyle is that 80% of your diet should consist of nutrient-dense, whole foods, while the remaining 20% can be more flexible and include treats or less healthy options. The Mediterranean style of eating is a great way to apply the 80/20 principle to everyday eating.

80/20 Diet & Lifestyle Goal

The goal of the 80/20 diet lifestyle is to strike a balance between healthy eating and indulging in treats or less healthy options. This approach allows individuals to enjoy their favorite foods in moderation without completely derailing their healthy eating habits.

fresh berry tart

In addition to promoting a balanced approach to eating, the 80/20 diet lifestyle also emphasizes the importance of regular physical activity, stress management, and getting enough sleep. These factors are all essential for overall health and well-being.

The Health Habit Book

I discuss the 80/20 lifestyle and moderation in healthy living in my book, The Health Habit: 7 Easy Steps to Reach Your Goals and Dramatically Improve Your Life. If you’re looking to apply the 80/20 lifestyle to your life, this book is a great place to start!

Health Habit Elizabeth Rider

Grab your copy here or wherever books are sold

Overall, the 80/20 diet lifestyle is a flexible approach to healthy eating that encourages individuals to make mindful food choices while still allowing for some indulgences. It is a sustainable approach to healthy living that can be easily integrated into a busy lifestyle.

Leave A Review + Read The Comments →

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  1. Susi says:

    Looks good!

Hi, I'm Elizabeth

I'm a strong believer that life is too short to settle for anything less than living your best life. 

as seen in:

JOIN 65,000+ People reading

Life

Get free access to seasonal curated recipe guides, new recipes, exclusive notes, The Friday 5, savings offers, and more delivered straight to your inbox.  I only send the good stuff.

Liz

with

READ          LATEST

the

50 Healthy Recipes Everyone Loves

Discover which meal of the day you need help with the most, and receive a recipe ebook filled with healthful & delicious recipes based on your personal quiz results. 

Grab it here

FREE E-BOOK

IT'S SOUP SEASON

join over 65,000+ readers who love my WEEKLY newsletter

Life

Recipes, curated seasonal guides, and recommendations to make life better this week. You'll get inspiration to make awesome food at home and create a healthy lifestyle you love.

Liz

with