- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I like Veganaise; choose that or avocado mayo for a healthier choice)
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon mustard (I like Dijon; plain yellow mustard is the classic flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt or fine sea salt (I use Real Salt)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: paprika, for garnish
- Slice the hardboiled eggs in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out the yolk and transfer to a bowl.
- Using the back of a fork, mash egg yolks until they are a fine powder. Add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper to egg yolks. Stir mixture to combine until filling is smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Fill egg whites with yolk mixture. Sprinkle a light dusting of paprika on top for traditional deviled eggs. Or, top with desired toppings. Serve immediately or chill before serving.
- Herb & Paprika Deviled Eggs: Top with chopped dill, chives, and paprika.
- Olive & Everything Deviled Eggs: Top with Everything but the Bagel seasoning from Trader Joe’s (or something similar), a small pimiento-stuffed olive, and a sprig of fresh dill.
- Jalapeno & Parmesan Deviled Eggs: Place a 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese in a small circle on parchment. Repeat to make 12 small circles. Bake at 400° for 4-5 minutes, or until cheese melts and turns golden. Let cool. Top Deviled Eggs with Parmesan chip, a thin slice of jalapeno, chives, and a pinch of flakey salt.
Keywords: How to Make Deviled Eggs, Classic Deviled Eggs