This easy blueberry smoothie is a staple in a healthy eating plan. It’s full of nutrients, tastes absolutely delicious, and making it is a good way to use up what you have on hand! I like to use a frozen banana to give the smoothie an extra creamy texture, but fresh bananas work, too. Add a few ice cubes both the blueberries and banana are fresh.
You can find more smoothie recipes here.
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 peeled banana (fresh or frozen; I prefer frozen)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or oat milk
- 1/2 cup filtered water, up to a cup if desired
- 2 teaspoons almond butter OR chia seeds OR ground flax seeds
- optional add-ins, see note below
Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until the desired texture is achieved. Enjoy immediately or store, covered, in the refrigerator up to 24 hours.
See how to store a smoothie for later here.
Optional Blueberry Smoothie Add-ins
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 1 servings protein powder
- 1 handful of fresh spinach or other fresh greens
- sub mixed berries
- 1 serving probiotics
Keywords: Blueberry Smoothie, Healthy Smoothie