Looking for the perfect cookies for the holiday season? You’ve found it. Pumpkin Cookies with Maple Icing are easy to make, super soft, and bursting with fall flavors. They’re also ready in under 30 minutes!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (or can substitute 1:1 Gluten-Free Flour)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Stir in the egg and mix well until combined.
- In the same bowl, mix in the pumpkin puree, spices, baking powder, baking soda. Then, slowly stir in the flour.
- Scoop the dough into balls (roughly 1½ tablespoons of batter for each) and flatten slightly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the edges are set and the cookies are cooked through.
- Mix the icing ingredients together using ½ tablespoon of milk at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool to room temperature. Then, spread the icing evenly over the cookies and add a dash of cinnamon. Enjoy!
Gluten-Free: Swap out the all-purpose flour for a gluten-free all-purpose flour.
Dairy-Free: Swap out the egg for 1/4 cup mashed banana and the milk for plant-based milk.
Keywords: pumpkin cookies with maple icing, holiday dessert recipe, pumpkin cookies, holiday cookies