Say hello to your new favorite summer salad! This Jennifer Aniston Salad recipe is chock-full of delicious flavors and beneficial nutrients from ingredients like bulgur wheat, fresh vegetables, chickpeas, and feta. This recipe makes about 8 side salad servings or 4 meal-sized servings.
- 1/2 cup dried bulgur wheat
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup minced red onion (about 1/4 of a medium red onion)
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley, finely chopped (about 1 big handful)
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, finely chopped (about 1 big handful)
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios, rough chopped
- 2 cups diced English cucumber
- 1 (15-ounce) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- juice of 1 large lemon (at least 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (omit if desired)
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, more or less to taste
- In a medium pot, cook the bulgar wheat by combining dry bulgar with double the amount of water (1/2 cup bulgar with 1 cup water). Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes until all of the water is absorbed. Set it aside to cool while you chose the rest of the ingredients. Fluff it with a fork as it cools.
- Chop the red onion, parsley, mint, pistachios, and cucumber, then add to a large mixing bowl. Add the drained and rinsed chickpeas, feta, and fluffed bulgar wheat. It’s best to have allowed the bulgar to cool a bit but it’s okay if it’s still warm. Gently mix all of the ingredients together.
- Top with fresh lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, and salt, to taste. Set aside for 15-20 minutes to allow the flavors to come together or serve immediately and enjoy!
Make-Ahead: The bulgar can be made up to a day ahead of time and stored in the fridge.
Keywords: jennifer aniston salad, bulgur wheat salad, healthy mediterranean salad, viral salad recipe