Poached eggs are a classic healthy addition to any meal. I like to make this in my 3-quart saucepan, but just about any pan that is at least 3 inches deep will work.
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- Fill a large pot or deep skillet with water and bring it to a gentle simmer over medium-low heat.
- Add a tablespoon of vinegar to the water.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl or ramekin.
- Use a spoon to create a gentle whirlpool in the water.
- Carefully slide the egg into the center of the whirlpool.
- Note: If you are poaching multiple eggs, add them one at a time, allowing each egg to cook for about 30 seconds before adding the next one. Or, if you’re a beginner, only cook one at a time until you get the hang of it.
- Cook the egg for 3-4 minutes or until the whites are set and the yolk is still runny.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the egg from the water.
- Place the egg on a paper towel to remove any excess water.
- Serve immediately, garnished with salt, pepper, and any other desired toppings.
Keywords: how to poach an egg