We love this homemade honey mustard dressing on just about everything, especially a green salad with chicken, carrots, and tomatoes. It’s also fantastic as a veggie dip, and kids love to dip chicken strips in it. If you love it, please leave a star rating in the comments below to help other readers in our community.
- 1/4 cup raw or all-natural honey
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard (I prefer Sir Kensington’s)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 big pinch fine sea salt (about 1/8 teaspoon—adjust more or less depending on what mustard you use)
- a few turns of freshly cracked black pepper
- Whisk all ingredients together. Alternatively, shake all ingredients together in a mason jar until emulsified.
- Store in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Since you’re using ingredients that don’t spoil quickly it may last longer, but bacteria can get into any jar and spoil. For that reason, I prefer to make things like this in smaller batches.
If using this as a dip, you can reduce the apple cider vinegar to 3 tablespoons instead of 4 (4 tablespoons = 1/4 cup) to make it a little thicker.
Keywords: Honey Mustard Dressing Recipe, Homemade Honey Mustard Dressing, Salad Dressing Recipe