I love these homemade bath salts with either all lavender essential oil or a mix of 10 drops each lavender and sweet orange essential oils. You can choose any scent or combination, just use 15-20 drops total of the essential oils. If you make these bath salts, let us know and leave a star rating in the comments below to help other readers in our community.
- 3 cups plain Epsom salts
- 1.5 cups coarse sea salt (such a pink Himalayan sea salt)
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 20 drops essential oils of your choice (I like 10 drops lavender and 10 drops sweet orange)
- optional: 2-3 tablespoons dried flowers if they are easy to get
- optional: 2 tablespoons almond oil or coconut oil if you like oil in your bath salts (I prefer none)
Mix all ingredients in a large glass bowl using clean hands or a clean spatula. Store in airtight glass containers until use; mason jars work great. Store in a cool, dry place up to 6 months (3 months if you use oil).
Enjoy about 1/2 cup to 1 full cup in each hot bath for a wonderful and relaxing bath. This recipe makes about 5 cups total, which should last you about 5-10 baths total.
Wonderful Scents + Combinations for Homemade Bath Salts:
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil + 10 drops sweet orange essential oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil + 10 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 15 drops eucalyptus essential oil + 5 drops frankincense essential oil
- 20 drops rose essential oil
- 10 drops rose essential oil + 10 drops lavender essential oil
If desired, you can change the ratio of salts in your homemade bath salts. You can use all 4 cups Epsom salts, or 2 cups Epsom salts and 2 cups coarse sea salt, or 4 cups total salts based on what you have to work with. I really like the combination of 3 cups Epsom salts with 1 cup coarse pink Himalayan sea salt, but use what you have to work with.
Tip for Easy Clean Up
When I make this for myself for home use, I skip adding extra skin-nourishing oils (I still use essential oils) and skip the flowers for easier clean up in the bathtub.
Keywords: bath salts, homemade bath salts, natural bath salts, healthy bath salts