This homemade balsamic vinaigrette recipe is a top Google search for a reason—it goes with just about everything! It’s super simple to whip up a batch and makes any salad or veggie taste amazing.
If you love it, please leave a star rating in the comments below to help other readers in our community.
- 1/2 cup good-quality balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a container with a tight-fitting lid (a mason jar works great).
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds until emulsified. You can also emulsify your vinaigrette in a blender or food processor (work on low, increasing the speed as you stream in the oil last). I only use a blender when working in extra large quantities. Up to about a cup, shaking it like crazy in a mason jar works great (and there’s way less clean up.)
- Alternatively, you can whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl. To use this method, whisk all ingredients except the olive oil in a small bowl, then stream in the olive oil while you continue to whisk until the dressing has emulsified.
This yummy recipe also works great with any kind of vinegar you like, especially red wine vinegar.
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is full of health benefits and adds great depth to this recipe. It might separate, so shake up ACV before using it.
The recipe below makes 1 cup, but you can use the proportions to make any amount.
Keywords: Balsamic Vinaigrette, Salad Dressing, Vinaigrette, Healthy