Almond flour scones are healthy, incredibly delicious, and super easy to make! With just 7 ingredients, you can whip up a batch quickly and easily.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (such as Real Salt)
- 1/3 cup mini dark chocolate chips (preferably 70%+ cacao, organic and vegan)
- 1 jumbo OR 2 small eggs, lightly beaten (you’ll need 1/4 cup of lightly beaten eggs)
- 1/2 teaspoon good quality organic vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (up to 3 tablespoons for sweetness, see note)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the dry ingredients together.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the wet ingredients together. The wet ingredients do not have to be fully mixed, just give them a few spins together to give the mixing a head start.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients with a large spoon, then mix with your hands to ensure the dough is uniform.
- Form dough into a one-inch thick disk, and cut into 8 same-size pieces, similar to how you would cut a pizza.
- Place each scone onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned on the edges.
- Cool for at least 5 minutes then serve.
- These scones can be kept in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
I also use just one tablespoon of honey in this entire recipe to keep the sugar content low. The dark chocolate chips also add sweetness, but if you want your scones a little more or less sweet you can adjust the amount of honey, using up to three tablespoons for a dessert-style scone.
Keywords: Almond flour scones, gluten-free scones