Ginger shots are a great inexpensive way to boost your immunity, aid digestions and give your body a big dose of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
- 1/2 cup chopped ginger root, washed and roughly chopped (no need to peel as it will be strained later)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (up to 1/4 cup if desired), about 2–4 lemons
- 1 tablespoon honey (I like Manuka honey; use up to 3 tablespoons for more sweetness, if desired)
- 1 cup cold filtered water or coconut water
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (optional)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional, omit if desired)
- Add the ginger, lemon juice, honey, coconut water, and cayenne pepper to a blender and pulse until thoroughly mixed.
- Strain the mixture (or leave the pulp in for fiber) and pour into an airtight jar to keep in the refrigerator up to 5 days. One to two ounces is a serving. Enjoy!
Keywords: honey ginger shots, ginger wellness shots, wellness shots