- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 5-ounce container of unsweetened Greek or Icelandic yogurt (I use Siggi's)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- fresh dill
- Slice the cucumber into 1/4-inch slices.
- Top each cucumber with a 2-inch piece of smoked salmon
- Optional: Place the yogurt in a coffee filter over a small jar for one hour to allow the liquid to drain.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of lemon zest into the yogurt, creme fraiche, or vegan cream cheese.
- Top each appetizer with a small dollop of the yogurt, a big piece of fresh dill, and one caper. Use a piping bag for the yogurt or cream for an extra pretty appetizer.
- Best assembled within a few hours of serving. Store in the refrigerator until 10 minutes before serving.
You'll probably have some extra ingredients left over. Make as many appetizers as you can out of the amounts listed above. You should get at least 16, and probably more.
*Use vegan cream cheese, such as Kitehill almond milk cream cheese, as a substitute for the yogurt to make this appetizer dairy-free.