We love this easy paleo blueberry muffin recipe. This particular recipe makes 36 mini muffins. A mini muffin tin works best here to get them to cook through; I've tried it with standard size tins and they just don't turn out the same.
- Wet ingredients:
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mashed overripe bananas (that’s about 2 medium bananas)
- 1.5 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Dry ingredients:
- 3/4 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- optional: extra chia seeds to sprinkle on top before baking
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a mini muffin tin with liners, or spray with an all-natural cooking spray. (I prefer the liners.)
- Combine the wet ingredients in the food processor until well mixed, about 30 seconds. Add the sea salt and baking soda and process another 10 seconds to make sure they are both incorporated well. Add the almond flour and process another 30-45 seconds until well mixed. Unplug the food processor and remove the blade, then gently fold in the blueberries.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the batter to each mini muffin cup. Sprinkle the chia seeds on top before baking if you’d like, this is mostly just for looks.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes, until the tops are lightly golden brown and the muffins are cooked through.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter up to 3 days, in the refrigerator up to a week or in the freezer up to 3 months.
- This recipe makes 36 mini muffins. A mini muffin tin works best here to get them to cook through; I've tried it with standard size tins and they just don't turn out the same.
- I like to make these in a food processor because I find it way easier to work with and easier to clean, and the blade really processes the coconut oil well. You could also use a stand mixer or hand mixer; just use what’s easiest for you.
- One of the best things about these muffins is that they’re great at room temperature or from the refrigerator, and they even freeze beautifully. I actually love them straight out of the freezer.
Keywords: Paleo Muffins, Almond Flour Muffins, Blueberry Muffins