This summer corn salad recipe is a staple in our summer eating plans. It's best with fresh corn, so grab some in the summer when it's super fresh and at a great price. This corn salad recipe is flexible, so leave out anything you don't like. If you love it, please leave a star review in the comments below for other readers in our community.
- 3 ears of sweet corn, or about 3 cups
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Cotija cheese crumbles, for topping (omit if dairy-free)
- Cook the corn by either sautéing it or boiling it:
- Sauté Method: First cut the kernels off the cob. To take the corn off the cobb, place a small bowl upside down in a larger bowl, then place the corn on the cobb upright on the small bowl as you cut off the kernels and allow the larger bowl to catch the corn. Sauté the corn for 4-5 minutes over medium-high heat in 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil until its cooked but still crunch and some of it has slightly browned.
- Boil Method: Bring a large pot of water to a boil, remove the husks then add the whole corn and boil for 6-8 minutes. Remove from the water and pat dry. Let the corn cool slightly, then slice the corn off the cob with the small bowl in large bowl method described above.
- While the corn cooks, chop the veggies, avocado and cilantro, then set aside.
- In the large bowl, add the bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, and avocado. Add lime juice, salt, and cotija cheese, then toss to combine. Garnish with lime wedges and enjoy!
- Make this dairy-free by leaving out the cheese.
- Substitute the red onion for green onion, if desired. You can also substitute the cotija cheese for feta cheese if desired.
- Frozen corn can work in a pinch here, but I honestly would just make something else. It's your choice! 🙂
Keywords: Corn Salad