- 1/2 cup Veganaise (OR your favorite mayo)
- 1.5 tablespoons honey (OR white sugar)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- a few spins freshly ground black pepper (about 1/8 teaspoon)
Whisk the ingredients together in a large bowl to make the dressing.
To save it for later, store in an airtight glass container (a mason jar works great) in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Shake before use.
To use immediately, add about 4 cups of shredded cabbage, broccoli slaw, or any shredded veggies to the bowl. Toss to combine and serve. Prepared slaw usually keeps (covered) in the refrigerator up to two days.
If you don’t care if it’s vegan or not, use your favorite mayo and make it your own. To make vegan coleslaw dressing, use Veganaise (a vegan mayo). Some people who are vegan still eat honey. However, if you avoid bee products, use white sugar instead of honey to keep this true vegan if desired.
Keywords: Homemade Coleslaw Dressing, Coleslaw Dressing Recipe, Classic Coleslaw Recipe