This delicious Christmas M&M’s Cookie Recipe will surely be a hit at any holiday gathering. Be sure to save a few M&M’s to press into the tops before baking for extra pretty tops.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar*
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole rolled oats**
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt***
- 2 cups (12 ounces) Red & Green M&M’s (or any combination of red & green candies or chocolate chips), divided****
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt in small mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in the dry ingredients in the following manner: Mix in 1 ¼ cup flour until just incorporated, then add the remaining 1 cup flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until incorporated, be careful not to over-mix. Fold in 1 ¾ cup of the candies with a sturdy spoon.
- Let dough chill in the refrigerator, covered, at least 2 hours, up to 12 hours.
- Scoop 1-inch balls (from a rounded tablespoon or cookie scoop) onto ungreased baking sheets. Add remaining ¼ cup of candies on top of each cookie scoop.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks or cutting board to cool completely, for about 15 minutes more.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days, or up to 5 days in the refrigerator, or store frozen for up to 3 months.
*an additional 3/4 cup of granulated sugar can be used in place of the brown sugar if you don’t have any brown sugar
**the whole rolled oats are optional; they prevent the cookies from spreading too much and make a sturdier cookie.
***omit salt for a low-salt diet, or if the butter is salted
***any combination of M&M’s, small candies or chocolate chips work here; option to set aside ¼ cup to press into the tops of the cookies before baking for prettier tops
adapted from the original NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Chocolate Chip Cookies
Keywords: M&M Christmas Cookies