- 2 1/4 cups almond flour, blanched
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine texture sea salt (such as Real Salt)
- 5 large eggs (or 4 jumbo eggs)
- 1.5 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Fresh herbs (optional; omit for plain bread—see note below)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9×5 loaf pan (AKA bread pan). You can use parchment paper if you like.
- In a food processor, combine the dry ingredients.
- Pulse them until well combined—about 10 pulses.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix until well combined—about 20 seconds. Remember to scrape down the edges.
- Add the optional fresh herbs.
- Pulse another 5 or 6 times to mix the herbs into the dough without puréeing them. The dough will be like a very thick batter, but should be thin enough that it wouldn’t roll into a ball.
- Pour dough into your prepared loaf pan. There should be enough to fill the pan about halfway up.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. It should look golden brown on top, like regular bread.
- Remove from oven. Let it cool in the pan for 30 minutes to room temperature before serving.
- Calories: 110