This almond flour banana bread recipe is healthy, delicious, and easy to make. It's lower in carbs than traditional banana bread but doesn't sacrifice any flavor. Enjoy!
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana (from about 2 large or 3 smallish bananas)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- optional: 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Step 1: In a food processor, pulse the wet ingredients with 3-4 long pulses until well combined and smooth but not frothy. Alternatively, you can do this in a blender on low or mash and whip by hand. Whichever way you mix the wet ingredients, mix until smooth but do not whip on high as it will froth the egg whites.
- Step 2: Add the dry ingredients and pulse 2-3 times to incorporate. Or, mix in by hand. The batter should be uniform and well-mixed without clumps, but not over-mixed.
- Step 3: Pour batter into a 9×5 bread pan lined with parchment paper for easy removal; there will be enough to fill the pan about halfway up. The pan is intentionally filled only halfway to allow the banana bread to cook through.
- Step 4. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. I find it needs exactly 35 minutes in my oven, but ovens and climates vary so check at 30 minutes and allow up to 40 to cook through.
- Step 5: Let cool in the pan for 30 minutes before serving.
- Keeps up to two days at room temperature or up to 7 days covered in the refrigerator.
- This banana bread has just a hint of sweetness. You can add up to four tablespoons of honey to this recipe for more sweetness. Or, drizzle a slice with some raw honey if you prefer.
- This recipe was written specifically for almond flour, and since it's denser than other types of flour, it cannot be substituted.