Air fryer baked potatoes are easy, crispy, and iconic. The insides will be tender and perfect for any number of toppings.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F to ensure your potatoes cook evenly.
- Scrub the potatoes well and pat them dry with a kitchen towel. Then, poke them a few times with a fork’s tines. (You need to poke holes to prevent them from exploding in the air fryer).
- Next, rub them with some olive or avocado oil and sprinkle them with kosher salt.
- Transfer them to the basket of the air fryer. Cook at 400°F until the outsides are crispy and the insides are tender. You’ll know the potatoes are done when they’re easily pierced by a fork. This should take about 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of your potatoes.
- Using tongs, transfer the potatoes to a platter or individual plates.
- Next, slice them open, fluff up their insides with a fork, and top them with your favorite fixings.
Don’t crowd the air fryer: This helps ensure your potatoes bake evenly. You want to make sure to get that crispy skin after all.
Reheating potatoes: You can also use your air fryer to reheat your baked potatoes. Bake them at 400 degrees F for about 3-4 minutes, or until they’re warmed through with crispy skin.
- Calories: 168 kcal per serving