- 4 cups whole rolled oats, preferably organic
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds (aka hemp hearts)
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk, or non-dairy milk of your choice
- About 2 cups berries, chopped apples or other fruit for the top
- Optional: 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Optional: a drizzle of raw honey or real maple syrup for flavor, nutrients, and natural sweetness
- Combine all ingredients except the fruit in a 2 quart dish or pan. Cover and let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- Top with fruit before serving. Serve chilled right out of the refrigerator, or warm through in a 325°F oven for 20-30 minutes if desired. Will keep in the refrigerator up to five days.
We prefer almond milk, but any type of non-dairy or regular milk works.
If you prefer your overnight oats served warm, prepare the recipe according to the instructions in an oven-safe dish. In the morning or before serving, preheat the oven to 300F. Add an additional 1/4 cup of milk to the pan, then heat in the oven for 20-30 minutes until warmed through. Top with fruit and honey or maple and serve.
Raw honey is technically not vegan, so if you prefer a vegan dish use maple syrup
*Oats are gluten-free by nature, but often stored with gluten-containing grains so trace amounts of gluten can be present. Look for certified gluten-free oats if gluten is a concern.