Browned Butter Pumpkin Cookies are the ultimate holiday treat for the season. Bursting with warm fall flavors and super easy to make, you won’t be able to stop at just one!
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch sea salt
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Continue to stir and cook until it reaches a dark color. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Pour melted browned butter into a glass and place in the fridge to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a larger bowl, whisk browned butter with brown sugar until combined. Add egg, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie puree and mix well.
- Slowly pour dry ingredients into the large bowl and combine. Your batter should be manageable. If it is still too wet, add some more almond flour.
- Form into balls using a cookie scoop or clean hands. Dip the balls in cinnamon sugar and then flatten them onto a baking sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies start to darken.
Keywords: browned butter pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cookies, holiday cookie recipe, gluten-free cookies