Hi! I'm Elizabeth
I'm an author & recipe developer with over a decade of experience bringing tried & true recipes to your kitchen. I created this site to be your go-to for healthy, fresh & flavorful food.
My goal is to inspire you to create amazing food that you love at home.
I love food and I love connecting with people.
I’ve been developing recipes and sharing them on the internet for over a decade, and I can tell you with certainty that 1) you don’t have to diet or restrict food groups to be healthy, and that 2) food should be a vehicle to celebrate life every day.
Having grown up with a mom that made everything from scratch and cooked nearly every day, making delicious food at home has always been my way of life.
Until college, that is, when one of my roommates made a box of noodles with powdered sauce and hamburger and I thought it was amazing while eating it… then had the worst stomach ache of my life the rest of the night. A few days later we re-created it with individual ingredients—pasta made from just flour, meat, fresh cheese, and spices, and it was not only delicious, but I felt great after eating it. Right then and there I realized I could eat just about anything as long as I made it from real, whole ingredients.
I believe everyone deserves to eat delicious food they love, and that making great food at home does not have to be difficult or expensive.
This website has become a collection of my all-time favorite classics along with healing recipes I discovered when I became a health coach. I believe there is room for all types of food in your healthy lifestyle.
My Food Philosophies:
- Food is the common connector of humankind, and cooking and eating should bring you joy.
- Make most of your food at home and eat what you love. Making most of your own food ensures that you’re eating real food (unless you live at a food-processing plant), which helps your body thrive. Eating what you love should always be a priority; never force yourself to eat something because it’s on trend if you don’t like it.
- Don’t be afraid of food! Fear of food (gluten, dairy, sugar) is largely a marketing technique that people use to make you buy stuff. No real food in inherently bad.
- That said, highly processed food is not real food so don’t rely on it for your main source of fuel every day. Eat what makes you feel good, regardless of what anyone else says.
- Intuitive Eating should always be your goal. Diets not only don’t work, they inevitably keep you in a cycle of shame and guilt (Again, food should bring you joy! Leave the diets behind.) The book Intuitive Eating is a great place to start if you need help with this.
- Perfection is a myth and trying to achieve a “perfect way of eating” will inevitably backfire when you find yourself in a social situation, travel, or your body changes. Ditch the ideas of fad dieting and “eating perfectly” and learn how to listen to your body and eat what makes you feel your best.
Continuing to write and share (and eat!) new recipes while still loving old favorites is still one of my greatest joys.
If You're New Here:
- Dive into the recipe index to find your next favorite meal
- Subscribe to my semi-famous newsletter (#humblebrag) that goes out to over 60,000 people every week with the 5 awesome recipes and resources to make life better. You’ll get new recipes and subscriber-only posts delivered right to your inbox. I hate, spam, too, and never share your info.
- If you want to learn how to blog, become a health coach, start an online business, or #semifamousnewsletter, then check out my education site, ElizabethRiderEducation.com, where you can find all of my business advice and online courses in one place.
- Come hang out with me on Pinterest, Instagram, or Facebook if you like those sorts of things.
- If you’re wanting to develop healthier habits without going on a diet, then check out my book, The Health Habit, on Amazon or wherever books are sold.
About The Book:
My first book, The Health Habit, was published by Hay House in 2019 and can be found anywhere books are sold. I wrote this book to be your ultimate guide to wellness—no dieting required.
From the publisher:
Discover your Health Habit for the life you want to live—and never slide backward again!
What if the best health of your life isn't just about what you do, or don't, eat?
The secret to having the healthy body and life you want isn't just in a rigid way of eating. It's in developing your own Health Habit. Coined by nutritionist and author Elizabeth Rider, your Health Habit is a skill, or a set of skills, that allows you to make the best choices that serve you most.
By focusing on action-not just theory-you won't even have to think about "being healthy." You just will be—without the deprivation, shame, and OMG-do-I-really-have-to-choke-that-down overthinking and fear that come with restrictive diets.
With her fresh look at healthy living, 28-Day Kick-Start Plan, 50 starter recipes, and online community, Elizabeth will get you started, keep you motivated, and connect you to health-conscious people around the world.
In addition to food blogging, teaching other people how to build blogs and online businesses has been a longtime passion. Over 12,000 people have gone through my online courses!
In 2022 I separated out my food blog (this site) and online courses into two separate sites. You can find all of my online courses and blogging and online business resources at ElizabethRiderEducation.com
Elizabeth Rider is a leading nutrition and whole-living expert teaching people around the world how to become the healthiest, most successful versions of themselves possible.
In a world flooded with diet information, Elizabeth’s healthy recipes and straightforward nutrition advice draw millions of inspired readers to her popular blog. Best known for her fun and accessible approach to food and healthy living, she’s built an online wellness empire from scratch on her iPhone and laptop. Over 12,000 people have had success using her online programs, which include Clean Up Your Diet, Be Seen Blogger, and The Wellness Business Bootcamp.
As host of Elizabeth Eats on Amazon Prime, Elizabeth is delightfully changing the way the world views healthy home cooking. She speaks on stages around the world and mentors scores of ambitious people each year to seek and live life on their own terms. As a Certified Holistic Health Coach (Integrative Nutrition) and accomplished online entrepreneur, cultivating a lifestyle of freedom and health is her religion. Elizabeth is a graduate of Cornell University’s Plant-Based Nutrition Program and a TEDx speaker. Her work has been featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Shape, MindBodyGreen, Buzzfeed, The Zoe Report, and Greatist among others.